XIII International April Conference PUNO in London
About the Conference
The Polish University Abroad has been organising annual international April Conferences since 2011. These commemorate our friend, the last President of the Polish Government in Exile – Ryszard Kaczorowski – who died in the tragic Smolensk air disaster. He stays in our minds forever as a great member of the Polish community abroad.
Our academic conferences aim at highlighting the contribution of Poles to global culture, art and science. This year we are participating in the celebrations of the “Year of Copernicus”, announced by the Senate of the Republic of Poland to commemorate the 550th birth anniversary of the most important scientist in Polish history.
Please feel invited to attend or participate in this event that we shall carry out in London to celebrate that 550th birth anniversary of such a great Pole, who created his most important works in today’s north-eastern Poland. Copernicus is a unique, multi-talented representative of the Renaissance. He contributed not only to astronomy but also to mathematics, law, economics, military strategy, medicine and construction sciences.
We have invited researchers from Poland, the United Kingdom, the European Union and other parts of the world. If you are interested in history, social sciences, sociology, cultural studies, art studies, philosophy, pedagogy, psychology, political science, AI and other sciences, feel free to join us.
We would welcome in particular:
– PhD candidates
– Junior researchers
– members of the Polish community from around the world
The PUNO International April Conference 2023 should present Copernicus’ influence in various fields of science and life, both historically and in modern times. It is planned to publish the Conference papers and also a monograph resulting from it.
31 March 2023 – Submission of the registration form
5th April 2023 – Information about paper acceptance
10th April 2023 – Payment for the publishing
15th April 2023 – Programme announcement
29 April 2023 – Conference
- Prof. Wlodzimierz Mier-Jedrzejowicz – PUNO, Chair [UK]
- Prof. Grazyna Czubinska – PUNO, Deputy Chair [UK]
- Prof. Arkadiusz Zukowski – UWM in Olsztyn [Poland]
- Prof. Elzbieta Perzycka – University of Szczecin [Poland]
- Prof. Mikolaj Kunicki – PUNO [UK]
- Prof. Jolanta Chwastyk-Kowalczyk, PUNO [UK]
- Roman Mazur MBA – PUNO, Secretary [Poland]
1) Abstracts together with registration card should be sent by 31st March 2023 on:firstname.lastname@example.org, add note: „KOPERNIK”. Please note: there is limited amount of participants!
– participation free of charge;