The main area of the Unit’s activity is glottodidactics. The team of employees includes researchers, experienced practitioners and methodologists in the field of teaching Polish language and culture. We deal with problems of teaching: subsystems of Polish language, linguistic competence and use of widely understood culture, including popular culture in the process of teaching Polish as an inherited, second, foreign language. Our research interests include methodology and didactics of language teaching, literary studies and didactics of literature, cultural studies, language culture, linguistics, multilingualism, translation and cultural identity. An important aspect of the Department’s activity are scientific and didactic conferences, workshops, trainings and webinars for teachers of Polish language and culture.
- conducting and publishing scientific research
- organization of scientific conferences and participation in conferences
- Collaborate with academic centers to implement postgraduate studies,
- cooperation with academic centres for the implementation of postgraduate studies,
- organisation of symposia and methodological workshops
- preparation of didactic materials and textbooks for teaching Polish language and culture
- running Polish language courses at all levels
Experience in teaching Polish language makes the Unit staff co-authors of textbooks for teaching Polish as a foreign language: Polish Legends for A2. A handbook for Polish children and beyond. We plan to create more textbooks and aids, such as educational games to support the teaching of Polish at all levels.